Root Canals in Mexico
What to expect on a Dental check up
Before your dental check-up, there are some things you should be sure you do especially if this will be your first visit at a new dental office.
- Gather information about your health history, including medications you are taking and contact information for your most recent doctor and dentist.
- Request your former dentist transfer your records to your new provider. Sometimes they will require a form, fax number or email address
- Let them know if you have health concerns such as pregnancy, diabetes, epilepsy, or special needs, so they can best support you.
What is a Root Canal? How to know?
A root canal is a dental procedure that cleans the inside of a tooth when the pulp in the tooth has become infected.
This could happen due to:
- A tooth abscess
- Needing a crown
- Severe tooth decay
- Facial/mouth/tooth trauma
- Cracked tooth and/or filling
Often a patient will notice tooth pain, extreme temperature sensitivity in the tooth swelling and soreness, and even discoloration in an infected tooth. If you’re experiencing these symptoms – call your dentist, as the pain may be resolved with a root canal.